We would like to inform everyone interested in academic and educational activities:
On Friday, December the 1st 2023, the Department of cultural and civilizational studies at the Institute for Cultural Research of the National Academy of Arts of Ukraine (NAAU) will organize an interdisciplinary round table within the fundamental research field of “Trends in the Modernization of Cultural Practices of Ukrainian Society in the Context of European Integration“:
“Transformation of Cultural memory in Crisis Conditions, and Practices of its Preservation”
- COVID-induced metamorphoses of memory culture in Ukraine and worldwide.
- Risks and challenges to cultural memory in the face of cultural cancellation forces (decommunization, decolonization; gender, racial, and eco-activism).
- Memorial practices in the context of Ukraine-russia full-scale war conditions.
- Competition of memes and photo/video montages as new memorial manifestations.
- Innovative forms of recording cultural memory through digital activities.
The conference will be conducted in a remote format (MS Teams platform).
We sincerely encourage the participation of representatives from various disciplines in the field of humanities, including culturologists, historians, museums and monuments experts, researchers of contemporary arts and media, civilizations problems experts, and those working at the intersection of anthropology and political science.
International guests are warmly welcomed.
The working languages: Ukrainian and English.
Abstracts technical requirements:
Manuscript file format: MS Word (*.doc, *.docx)
Formatting Guidelines: page format – A4; font – Times New Roman; line spacing – 1.0; margins – 10 mm up and down, 25 mm left and right.
- Author’s Last Name, First Name (14 pt font size).
- Academic degree, academic rank, position in an affiliated organization, city (10 pt font size)
- Contact information (email, phone)
- Preferred roundtable section (NB! You may suggest your own one)
- Presentation topic (14 pt font size)
- Presentation abstract (approximately 1500 characters with spaces) (for English-speaking participants – a detailed summary in Ukrainian, summarizing their work within 2000-2250 characters with spaces)
Abstract title justification – left, with upper and lower case.
Main text should be written in Ukrainian, justified, 1-2 pages A4, 12 pt font size. It should not contain abbreviations, footnotes, references and pictures.
Summary: in English, justified, ¼ pages A4, 12 pt font size.
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: Monday, November 27th, 2023
A collection of abstracts and reports on the materials of the remote round table will be prepared. For those interested, we offer to develop their presentation abstracts into full academic publications within such periodicals as The Culturology Ideas and Interdisciplinary Cultural and Humanities Review (We will provide a separate notice regarding the articles submission deadline in working order)
Thank you in advance! Stay connected.
mr. Denys Korol,
associate professor, dept. of Cultural studies, National University of Kiev-Mohyla Academy;
executive secretary of “NaUKMA Research Papers. History and Theory of Culture“;
senior research fellow, dept. of Cultural and Civilizational Studies, Institute for Cultural Research of NAAU
ORCID 0000-0001-9709-547X Publons/ResearcherID E-1250-2017